Classes offer firsthand experience of the entire pottery-making cycle. Beginning emphasis is placed on working with one of the sixteen potter's wheels. A slab roller is available to those who wish to try hand building. The course lasts eight weeks, with one three-hour class per week.
- $ 50.00 deposit at registration
- Balance due by first lesson
- Tuesday or Thursday evening, 6:00 - 9:00 pm
- Maximum of fifteen students per class
In addition to instruction, the fee includes all clay, glazes and firings, up to the first twenty pounds of bisque ware. After that, there is a charge of eight dollars per pound of bisque.
Weeks 1 - 5
- Create New Work = Wheel and Slab Through Thursday, Class Week 5
- Sand and Manicure As You Go
- No New Work Friday and Saturday Week 5
- Trimming and Sanding Only
- Kiln Door To Be Put Up At Noon Saturday
- Charges For Bisque Ware Over Twenty Pounds Will Be Determined After The Bisque Firing At The End Of This Week
Weeks 7 and 8
- Glazing Only Until All Glazing Is Finished
- Continuing Students May Start New Work Once Glazing Is Complete
Practice time is available whenever the studio is open (which is usually six days a week) and a class is not in session.
Monday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Friday 11:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Practice hours are subject to change. Call if in doubt.
Registration must be made in person or by mail with an accompanying $50.00 check. Students will be placed in the order that payment is received. Enrollment: Present students have first priority, those on the waiting list are called in order of received application.
A new class begins about every eight weeks. January - February, March - April, May - June, August - September, October - November.
- Open the Application Form (209KB)
- Print the Form
- Complete the Form
- Mail in the Application Form with your deposit, or drop it off at Greenleaf Pottery.